Here at Stuff 2 Store we aim to make your experience as easy and hassle-free as possible. That’s why we’ve put together this handy checklist with hints and tips about the best way to go about storing your stuff:
- Get organised and put together a packing kit of everything you will need for packing up your stuff, such as scissors, bubble wrap, boxes, permanent markers etc.
- Make a list of everything you are putting into storage (or take photographs of it) so that you remember what you’ve got in storage.
- For fragile items or anything you don’t want to get scratched or dented use protective wrapping such as bubble wrap.
- Clearly label boxes with a permanent marker so it’s easy to see what’s in each box without having to open it.
- Clearly identify fragile goods.
- Pack heavy items in smaller boxes – this will prevent injury when lifting.
- Use sturdy, strong packing boxes and make sure you pack each one fully so all boxes are uniform.
- Pack heavy items into your unit first, keeping out anything you might need to access regularly.
- Drain fridges, freezers and washing machines before putting into storage.
- Outside equipment should be cleaned and oiled before putting into storage.
- Use a dust sheet on the ground to protect your stuff as you are moving it into your storage unit and cover your stuff with a dust sheet once it’s all moved in.
- Use a wardrobe box to help your clothes keep their shape.
- Use single items for filling gaps between boxes i.e. fill hollow spaces with clothes, pillows etc.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 0845 544 3460.